Well done to all of our athletes who competed brilliantly in the 2019 Leweston Sports Day.
Despite a few showers, the events managed to go ahead and the students put the Leweston Learner into action showcasing their resilience and determination throughout the unpredictable English weather! However, when it came time for the presentations the rain decided to arrive in huge quantity so medals were presented in school assembly.
History was made this year in various ways with multiple students breaking school records, personal bests and our first boys’ records being created.
Special congratulations to the following individuals and Houses;
- Molly C broke the Year 7 Discus Record: 18.67m (previous record: 16.10m 2010)
- Lucy B broke the Year 7 800m Record: 2.37.94 mins (previous record: 2.46 mins 1990)
- Darcy D broke the Year 8 800m Record: 2.35.78 mins (previous record: 2.38.4 mins 2017)
- Lily A broke the Year 9 and Whole School Shot Putt Record: 10.88m (previous record: 8.92m 1993)
- Lucie G broke the Year 10 and Whole School Triple Jump Record: 9.30m (previous record: 9.13m 2013)
- Junior Victrix Ludorum: (outstanding athlete of day) Lily A (3 individual Gold and 1 new Whole School Record)
- Senior Victrix Ludorum: (outstanding athlete of day) Lucie G (3 individual Gold and 1 new Whole School Record)
- The first group of Year 7, 8 and 12 boys created new Leweston Boy Records.
- Boy’s Individual Competition: 1st Archie C, 2nd Freddie G, 3rd George J-J
- Campion House won 4 out of 5 of the 4 x 100m relays
- Campion House crowned the House Athletics Champions 2019