Ethos and Aims
Leweston is a Catholic boarding and day school which focuses on preparing pupils for life beyond the school. The independence, resilience and willingness to try instilled at Leweston provides pupils with the confidence to meet the challenges of the wider world. High standards are set both inside and outside the classroom, and our values of community, opportunity and respect are the bedrock of our school. We welcome pupils of all faiths and none, building a strong sense of community, courtesy, respect and affection that has at its heart prayer and service to others.
Aims of the School
To give pupils an experience of life in a Christian community:
- By affirming each individual as a sacred and unique part of God’s creation, and nurturing in each person a sense of dignity and self-worth
- By valuing diversity and appreciating the contribution that every pupil makes to the life of the school
To provide the highest quality of teaching and learning, which is responsive to and supportive of the needs and aspirations of the individual:
- By fostering intellectual curiosity, a desire to seek truth, and a life-long love of learning
- By enabling pupils to discover their own strengths and weaknesses, to learn from ‘failures’, and to develop the determination to persevere, in order to pursue their goals
- By supporting all pupils in their pursuit of academic and personal excellence and ensuring every pupil can take part in the school curriculum
To provide a programme of sport and outdoor learning accessible to all which supports and enhances pupils’ personal development and academic achievements.
To forge relationships of trust and mutual respect between staff and students which contribute to the success of pupils in all aspects of school life.
To inspire pupils to develop their God-given gifts and be happy with who they are.