At Leweston we aim to ensure that all pupils receive a balanced diet. An excellent selection of food is provided by the Catering Department with hot meat and vegetarian options on offer as well as a comprehensive salad bar, jacket potatoes, soup and fruit selection every lunchtime.
Pupils and staff are encouraged to:
- Eat at least five portions of fruit and vegetables a day from the wide selection on offer
- Eat plenty of foods rich in starch and fibre
- Eat less fatty and sugary foods
- Consume less salt by eating fresh and home produced foods without salt
- Drink water rather than sugary alternatives
- Make sensible choices to ensure they receive healthy and balanced meal
Catering is available for specific medical or ethical dietary requirements.
Menus rotate on a three week programme and are changed every term following input from the staff and pupils.
Please click here for this week’s breakfast, lunch, supper & weekend menus.